This year, I’ve decided to make taking care of my skin a top priority. I like to set aside an extra few minutes at night and in the morning to do a skincare routine. I have not only been taking better care of the skin on my face, but the skin on my body as well. I feel like taking good care of my skin now is vital to how it will look in the future. Over the past few months, I’ve found a few good tips that have become essential to the overall health and appearance of my skin.
- Tea Tree Oil– I use this tea tree oil on any blemishes that appear on my face. Tea tree oil has natural antibacterial qualities and is safe to use on acne. I find that most acne spot treatments dry out my skin, I never have this problem when using tea tree oil as a spot treatment. I find that my blemish either goes away or goes down within a couple of days of using this!
- Jade Rolling– I know the use of a jade roller is a bit controversial. I was pretty skeptical about using one when the trend started getting popular. I received one as a Christmas gift, so of course I had to give it a go. After using it for a few months, I must say I can’t imagine this not being part of my skincare routine. I feel like the cooling sensation keeps my skin from looking puffy and the rolling motion helps my moisturizer and eye cream sink into my skin. However, I am not sure it is effective at preventing wrinkles. I have this one from Amazon.
- Body Scrub and AHA Lotion– One of my biggest insecurities is the skin on my back. I occasionally get back acne and struggle with keratosis pilaris (tiny white under the skin bumps). I find that using this Body Clear Body Scrub from Neutrogena in combination with applying this lotion from AmLactin after showering really helps keep my back acne and KP bumps at bay. The lotion contains alpha- hydroxy acid, which is an exfoliant that is know to help with KP.
- Wet skin body moisturizer– I have been using this in-shower moisturizer from the Jergens Natural Glow line. This keeps the skin on my body feeling smooth and is easy to keep in the shower and apply as soon as I have turned the water off. I love that this product has a gradual self-tanning agent to keep my skin looking slightly more glowy/tan, even if I haven’t gotten any sun.
- Facial Oil– I have been using this Josie Maran argon oil in place of a night moisturizer once a week. I have a very oily T-Zone, so the thought of using an oil on my face always scared me. I find doing this keeps my skin feeling hydrated and appear glowy. Contrary to what I originally thought, this does not make my face more oily!
Hope you were able to discover a few new tips/products to test out or add to your skincare routine!