When the seasons change, I love to add in a few wardrobe basics that can transition my outfits into the cooler weather. This season, my eyes have been drawn to rich caramel, burgundy, and olive hues. I’m also happy to see that the over-the-knee/ thigh high boot trend seems to be here to stay! I will definitely be busting out the pair I bought last season. I have created a list of my top five fashion pieces that I will be adding to my fall wardrobe. I love that adding in a few new basics can subtlety change the vibe of my wardrobe without having to completely revamp my closet!
- Suede over-the-knee boots- I purchased these last season! The neutral gray color (also want in black) looks great with so many colors and can be paired with jeans, leggings, dresses, skirts… seriously the options are endless!
- Suede Skirt– Love the caramel color! The suede material is perfect for the colder months.
- Mules/Loafers– I just purchased these (on sale!!) on the Nordstrom Rack website. I haven’t received them yet, but the color looks gorgeous and I love the fact that they are suede. Finger crossed they fit!
- Light Wash Jeans– This next item may come as a surprise, but I love light wash denim in the fall/winter. I think it pairs perfectly with darker colored sweaters and tops. I had been dying to try out Topshop Jamie jeans, so I placed an order as soon as I saw these were on sale at Nordstrom (still on sale!). I’ve only worn them once, but I am loving the fit of these jeans. They aren’t too tight (I sized up) and the length is perfect for shorter girls ( I am 5’3).
- Cozy Cardigan– An over-sized cardigan is definitely my #1 essential item for fall. They are perfect for layering over just about anything. I get cold easily so I make sure to keep one of these in my car and in my office. I linked one that I have from H&M, but Old Navy also has some amazing affordable options.
What items have you added to your fall wardrobe rotation? I would love to know. I’m always on the hunt for good basics. As always, I have linked all the items in the post. Have a fabulous Monday!