Happy Monday! So sad the weekend has come to an end. I spent my weekend relaxing and running a few errands in preparation for the week ahead. I start a new job today and am extremely nervous. Trying to go into it with as much confidence and positive energy as I can!
I was unable to take outfit pictures this weekend (hopefully I can take some later this week), so I figured what better time to share another round of awards! I love that these posts give me the chance to get more personal and recognize other great bloggers.
The lovely Ruqhaiya from An Obsession Confession (all things beauty) Kali from Kali Borovic (everything from fashion to thrifting to beauty reviews), Jamie from Don’t give a Jam (all things lifestyle), and Lauren from Not your Average Girly Girl (a beauty blog with a few fashion bits thrown in the mix) have nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Go check these ladies out!
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
- What is a life motto, quote or saying that you feel inspired from and live by that everyone should know? Comparison is the thief of joy
- Where do you see yourself this time next year or in 5 years from now? Working full-time and receiving my Master’s degree
- What is your ultimate holiday destination? It can be a place you’ve already been or somewhere you wish to go. Greece!
- Favorite makeup/skincare item and/or brand? Covergirl Lashblast Waterproof Mascara
- If you could change one thing about yourself/your life what would it be? I would have the confidence to take more risks! (currently working on this)
- If you could choose only 5 beauty related products, what would they be/why? Mascara (to open up the eyes), Moisturizer (gotta stay hydrated!), Lash curler (my lashes are not even noticeable unless curled), Concealer (to even out the skin), and Lip balm (can’t stand dry lips!)
- If you could be invisible for a day what would you do? Honestly, I have no idea.
- In your opinion, what is the greatest invention ever? The computer!
- Which fictional character would you love to meet? Blair Waldrof or Donna from Parks & Rec
- What is the best advice you have been given? Be happy
- If you could time travel, which era would you choose? The 1950’s
1. What does your blog name mean? As some of you may know, I am a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn. One of my favorite movies that she stars in is called Love in the Afternoon. When brainstorming blog names, a light bulb went off. Why not Style in the Afternoon?! (more about this here)
2. If you could swap lives with anyone for a day, who would it be? Such a tough question! Maybe Emma Watson? (she did get to play Belle in Beauty and the Beast!)
3. What’s the last topic you journaled about? I don’t really journal. Does brainstorming blog ideas count? If so, I was jotting down some ideas for a DIY distressed jeans post.
4. If you could live in a book, which would it be? I used to read a series called The Clique in middle school. The girls lived in fabulous homes in Westchester New York and made frequent shopping trips into the city. I’ve now graduated from college, and would still love to live in this book! Haha
5. What is your favorite scent? Coconut
6. What’s one word to describe your best friend? Compassionate
7. How many drafts are saved in your wordpress? Two
8. How many makeup brushes do you own? Too many!
9. Where are you sitting right now? My living room
10. Who do you admire most? My grandma
11. What’s the last fun thing you’ve done? Gone to Jamaica!
- What is the one movie that you can watch over and over and never get sick of? Breakfast at Tiffany’s
2. What is your go-to Starbucks (or coffee/tea/beverage) order? Soy Chai Tea Latte with a pump of sugar-free vanilla (WOW that sounds annoying)
3. What is one item that you can’t live without (other than your phone)? Lip balm!
4. What is your favorite book? To Kill a Mockingbird
5. If you could star in any TV series, which would it be and which character would you play? Blair Waldrof from Gossip Girl or Donna (or April) from Parks & Rec
6. If you could own any animal, and the animal would always remain baby-sized, which would you choose? I’m so boring, but a lab puppy!
7.If you could have one super power for one day only, what would it be? The ability to fly!
8.What was the first concert that you ever attended? Hilary Duff
9. What city do you wish you could live in? San Francisco
10.What is your go-to karaoke song? I don’t really have one. Maybe Hotline Bling by Drake?? 😂
11.What is the most interesting place you’ve ever visited? Puerto Rico
- Seltzer or soda? Soda
- What’s the last thing that made you truly laugh? Reminiscing about childhood memories
- Coffee or tea? Tea
- What is your favorite color to wear in the summer? White
- Dogs or cats? Dogs
- You’re spending the day with a TV character, who is it? The entire cast of Parks & Rec
- Fruits or vegetables? Fruits
- What is your favorite TV show? Why is it your fave? Parks & Rec. The cast is amazing and the show never fails to make me laugh!
- Xbox or GameCube? Neither
- Have you (or anyone you know) seen a ghost? Not that I know of
- Corn dog or cotton candy? Tough one. Cotton Candy!
- Favorite thing about yourself?
- Favorite color?
- All-time favorite food dish?
- What achievement are you most proud of?
- Favorite subject in school?
- Hobby besides blogging?
- Quote to live by?
- What makes you the most happy?
- Do you prefer clothing shopping or makeup shopping?
- Do you thrive in big groups or with a small group of friends?
- Hidden talent?
I nominate anyone reading this who would like to participate in this award!! I would love to read all of your answers. Please do let me know if you decide to make a post on this award!
I would like to give another special thanks to all of the ladies that have nominated me for this award. I feel so honored that you all have taken the time to read and support my blog. I highly recommend you check out their blogs if you have not already!
P.S. Stay tuned for a review of the L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara coming Thursday!