As mentioned in my previous post, I am a chronic over-packer. I tend to pack too much over the fear of leaving behind an item that I might really need. My tendency to over-pack not only applies to clothes, but also to makeup. I went on a five day trip last week and was determined to only pack the essentials. Though I probably packed one-to-many lip products, I think I did a better than usual job of keeping the amount of makeup items I packed to a minimum.
- Clinique stay-matte oil free foundation in golden beige– This foundation is light-weight and has a natural matte finish. Perfect for a warm climate. This shade is also slightly darker than my natural skin tone so I was able to wear it with a tan.
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer in light-medium- My go-to concealer. Love that I can use this on the under eye area and on any spots on the face.
- Smashbox Photofinish Primer– This is a great silicone-based primer. So glad I had a travel size in my collection
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden- This eyeshadow primer prevents shadow from creasing and covers any redness or veins on the lid.
- Rimmel Stay-Matte Powder in Transparent– Love this powder for setting my makeup
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Captivating– The formula of these blushes is so long-wearing! This peachy-pink matte shade looks great with a tan and can be paired with so many eye looks.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter pressed and liquid highlighters in Opal– The mini sizes of these products were perfect for traveling. If you haven’t tried the Becca highlighters, I highly recommend you do! The shades are gorgeous and the pigmentation is out of this world!
- Elf Contour Kit– The quality of this palette is so good for the price! I use the contour shades to bronze my skin and the yellow shade to set my concealer.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette- Words can not describe how much I love this palette! I am a warm eyeshadow kind-of-girl, so I was immediately drawn to these shades. I knew I could create a variety of natural and smokey looks with this palette, so I felt these were the only shadows I needed!
- Tweezerman Lash Curler- 100% necessary for my super straight lashes
- Covergirl LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara in Black- Holds a curl, creates volume and length, and will not smudge!
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper- My fav liquid liner!
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes liner in nude- Ideal for brightening up the eyes and counteracting redness
Lips: I’m obsessed with liquid lipsticks! I love the matte-finish and staying power. I chose to pack a few of my favorite formulas in neutral shades that could be combined with a variety of makeup looks.
- WetnWild Liquid Catsuit lipstick in Give me Mocha
- Kylie Cosmetics liquid lipstick and lip liner in Candy K- The lip liner could also be paired under other lipsticks!
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita II
- Milani Colorstatement Matte Lipstick in Matte Beauty- Carried this in my carry on for touch ups!
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this peek into my makeup bag. What makeup items do you absolutely need to travel with??