Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. As some of you may know, I went on a trip to Jamaica this week (it was AMAZING!). I decided to take a small break from blogging as the resort did not have the best internet connection and I really wanted to spend my time enjoying Jamaica! I will be catching up on reading posts and creating my own blog posts this weekend. I should be back on my regular Monday/Thursday posting schedule next week. I will be posting a full travel diary on my trip next week, so stay tuned! In the meantime, if you would like to see a few pictures from my trip you can follow me on my new Instagram @styleintheafternoon.
Packing can definitely be stressful. I had not been on a vacation in years, so I was especially confused on what items to bring. I over packed (what’s new I even over pack for weekend trips) and was able to determine what items were essential for a beach trip.
Plane: I suggest bringing a pair of jeans or leggings that can be worn for travel and can be paired with other pieces you are packing. Pair one of these pant options with a comfy tee and cardigan in case it gets cold on the plane. I would also suggest wearing the heaviest (comfy) shoes you are packing to save space in your suitcase.
- One pair of comfy athletic shoes for outdoor excursions or working out
- Cute sandals that can be worn with a dress or jean shorts (gladiator sandals are my personal favorite)
- Slides/flip-flops that can be worn to the pool or beach or to roam around the resort
- A pair of neutral colored block heels that can dress up an outfit for dinner or a night out
I packed these blush pink pair of slides from Forever21! (pictured right)
Swimwear: You can not go wrong with a black bikini or one-piece! The number of swimsuits you should pack depends on your length of stay. I suggest packing a black bikini, colorful/printed bikini, and a one piece if you plan on doing any rough water activities.
- Denim or white jeans that can be worn with a nice top for dinner or with a plain tee for the plane ride
- Three pairs of shorts (denim, boyfriend, and white) that can be paired with tanks and tees for exploring or throwing on top of a bikini. I love having high-waisted shorts that can be paired with crop tops in the heat!
- Athletic shorts or work out leggings
Top: Forever21 Shorts: Vintage Sunglasses: F21 (old)
- A few neutral colored comfortable t-shirts (black, white, gray)
- A couple of tank tops
- A few nice blouses for a nice dinner or a more formal excursion (boat ride, museum visit, tour etc.). I have been loving off-the-shoulder tops and tops with detailed sleeves!
- A beach bag or mini backpack (one you don’t mind getting dirty) to pack necessary beach items (book, headphones, sunscreen). This can also double as a carry on!
- A small cross-body bag
- Three pairs of sunglasses (a couple pairs should be ones you don’t mind breaking or losing)
- I wouldn’t recommend bringing any expensive jewelry that could potentially be lost or stolen. I recommend packing a couple of pairs of earrings and a few necklaces that can go with multiple outfits.
- A floppy sun hat and baseball cap for shielding your face from the sun
Dresses: A couple of cute dresses (a romper or jumpsuit would be great as well!) for a nice dinner or a bar at the resort. I love lightweight dresses with embroidery. I also like to make sure the dresses/rompers I pack coordinate with the shoes I am packing!
Swim cover up: Any sort of cover up will work. I like oversize button up-shirts, loose-fitting jersey dresses, or a large t-shirt. I used a loose black jersey romper!
I hope you guys enjoyed seeing a few outfits I wore on my trip! Hopefully this post was helpful to anyone packing for an up-coming beach vacation. I would also like to thank you all for reading and following my blog. I reached 100 followers this week! It means the world to me that so many other bloggers have taken the time to read and follow my blog. Once again, thank you so much!
Until next time,